Kathrikaai in Tamil, Baingan in Hindi, Aubergine in English, Badanekaai in Kannada
I tried & it came out very well....It is just like yengai ( a Karnataka dish but prepared in a simple way) ... Suitable for hot phulkas / chapati's
- Small Eggplants / Katharikaai - 8 to 10
- Yengai Powder - 10 to 15tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- 1 strand curry leaves
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
- Wash the kathrikaai / baingan and slit the 4 sides
- Take a bowl mix yengai powder and salt. Fill it in the kathrikaai
- Place it in the pressure cooker. Cook for one whistle.
- Heat wok add oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida
- Add kathrikaai. Cooked in the oil well.
- Add 2 tsp yengai powder, salt to taste, tamarind paste, jaggery & stirfry
- Ready to serve
I will be adding all masala powders recipes to my blog shortly.