Banana stem and Banana flower is the best to prepare healthy food. This is an south Indian dish.
Prep Time : 10 Mins
- Banana Stem / Baledindu / Valethind - 1 cup (chopped)
- Coconut / Thenginakayi / Thenga - 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / Kothambari soppu - few leaves
- Green chillies / Mensinakayi / Pachmalaka - 2
- Ginger piece / Hasishunti / Ingi - a small piece
- Jeera seeds / Chira - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt/ Curds / Thair/ Mosaru - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / hing - 1/4 tsp
- Chop the banan stem removing strings slowly and finelly chopped into small pieces
How to cut ?
- Remove outer layers till thick inner layer comes
- Then cut into round pieces take away roll them fiber thread thoroughly while cutting for each pieces
- Put it into water otherwise it turn into black
- Chop them into small/tiny pices and cook it in the pressure cooker or water in a pan. Cook until tender
- In a blender / mixer grind cooked banana stem and all ingredients except curds/yogurt. Blend into a smooth paste
- In a oil add oil then add mustard seeds wait for splutter add hing pour into pachadi
- Add curds and mix well. Serve with plain hot rice.