This is a simple and easy basic dish. Iam posting this on request one of my blog readers. This dish makes all during festivals and good occassions.
Cook Time : 8 Mins
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Coconut grated / Thenga/Thenginaturi - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / Kothambri soppu - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Curry leaves / Karvapple /Karibehevu - 1 string
- Green chillies/Pachmalka/Hasimensinakayi - 1or1/2 (chopped)
- Mustards seeds / Kadag/ Sasive - 1/2 tsp
- Split yellow moong dal/ Paithamparppu/Hesarubele - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cook the toor dal add enough water and place it in the pressure pan. Wait for 3 whitstle
- Remove and add salt , coconut, coriander leaves mix well
- In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds wait for splutter then add asafoetida/hing, curry leaves, green chillies and lastly add moong dal.
- Stir fry till yellow moong dal turn golden in color.
- Pour into dal. Mix well and serve hot plain rice with ghee.