Iyengar Masala Powder
Yengai Pudi1:45 PM
This is Yengai powder or also called as Vangibhaath Powder.This is used in south indian style curries. Gives the curry more spice and taste.“Yengai” ( means Vegetable in Oil) is a tamil word. Using this powder a Rice Dish with Eggplant called VangiBhaath is made. “Vangi” – means Badnekaayi or Eggplant . This is popular dish in Karnataka.
- Bengal Gram / Chana Dal / Kadale Bele - 100 grm
- Black Gram / Urad Dal / Uddina Bele - 50 Grm
- Cinnamon sticks / Chakke - 5 small pieces
- Clove / Lavanga - 4
- Poppy Seeds / Gasagase - 1/2 tsp
- Baydagi Chillies - 8 to 10
- Heat a Large wok
- Fry all the ingredients on medium flame and make a fine powder using mixer.
- Store it in the airtight box.