Halwa is my family favorite sweet. The flavor and taste is similar to carrot. Can be prepare on any festivals or on normal days too. This is quite an easy recipe which is similar to other 2 halwa recipes Damrote and Carrot Halwa.
My blog Malas-Kitchen turned 7 this month March. So i prepared a sweet dish to share my happiness.
A big Thank you for all my readers, family and friends for continuing the support. Hope you like all my recipes and also authentic Iyengar recipes.
Prep Time : 10 Mins
Cook Time : 15 to 20 Mins
Serve - 4
- Sakarposhinkayi / Sweet Pumpkin - 1 kg (grated)
- Sakare / Sugar - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Nayi / Ghee - 3 tbsp (clarified butter)
- Elarshi pudi / Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chiroti Rave / Fine Simolina - 2 tsp (dry roasted)
- Dry fruits ( Cashews & Raisins) - 2 tbsp
- Take out all the skin and grate the pumkin in the grater (i used food processor)
- Take a heavy bottom pan add 3 tbsp water and add grated pumpkin and cook until pumpkin tender then switch off the flame.
- Lightly squeeze out the cooked pumpkin with a spoon and drain the water in a cup.
- Add the drained water along with 1/4 cup water & sugar to the Pan
- Stir the sugar syrup until one string consistency
- Then add cooked pumpkin and cook with the sugar syrup until thickness stir occasionally on low flame
- In other side dry roast rava and mix it with halwa stir constantly it becomes thick
- Add ghee , cardamom powder and stir again so that mix it well
- Remove from the flame
- Heat a small pan add 1/2 tsp of ghee roast the cashews and raisins and pour it in the halwa and serve hot