>> February 08, 2008
Dhamrote is a sweet dish (White Pumpkin Halwa).
For my blog’s anniversary i am posting a special iyengar sweet. This is a very popular in southindia.
- 1 Kg Pumpkin
- 150 grm Sugar
- 1 Cup Ghee (homemade)
- 1/4 Cup Kova / Khoya
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Kesari / Saffron
- Cashews and Raisins - as per req
- Peel the skin, grate pumpkin, & Pressure cook (No adding water)
- Take a heavy bottom pan , Add pumpkin & cook it for few miniutes directly
- Then add sugar bring to boil (until sugar syrup evaporates )
- Add ghee again boil
- Add kova stir well. Halwa should be thick
- Add kesari / safforn (dialute in the warmwater or milk).
- Add cardamom powder. Stir well & switch off the flame
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in the small pan. Fry cashews and raisins
- Garnish halwa
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved