>> February 19, 2008
Some time back when i was browsing for something on google. I got this recipe of potato pops by tarla dalal. So Started to make them for my son. No wonder he loves that. By making this a bit spicy anyone can enjoy this. Lovely taste ... thought to share this recipe . This will be one my entries to my event Kid's Food Event and also sending this to The Potato Fe(a)st, hosted by DK's Culinary Bazaar
- 1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 brown bread slice, soaked and squeezed
- ½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- A pinch sugar
- 1 cheese cube
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Cut the cheese cube into 8 equal pieces and keep aside.
- Soak the bread slice in a bowl of water. Squeeze out the water and mash the bread.
- In a bowl place the mashed bread and add potatoes, carrots, green chilli paste, coriander, sugar, salt and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Place a cheese cube in the centre of each round and shape into ovals.
- Pierce a candy stick into each oval and press the potato pops on the stick making an oval shape. Keep aside.
- Cook both sides on a lightly greased non-stick pan till golden brown.