Powered by Blogger.

Ragi Dosa

>> February 11, 2008

photo IMG_5168_zps6a5d453a.jpg

Healthy and more protein breakfast. As we all know ragi is good for health.

My toddler son likes all types of dosa. This ragi dosa my mother used to make for him when i went to india last year. After i came here i started to do.

Sending this to WBB - Healthy Eats , hosted by Suganya from TastyPalettes & my event Kid's Food

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Ragi flour / Finger millet flour
  • 1/4 Urad dal
  • 1/2 tsp Fenugreek / Methi Seeds
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 laddle Curds
  • 1 Onion (finely chopped)
  • 1 tsp Jeera seeds
  • Chopped coriander leaves

Method

1. Soak the urad dal & Methi seeds for 2 - 3 hrs.

2. Grind urad dal, ragi flour & methi seeds, add salt mix well. Ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
  3. After 8 hrs mix curds, jeera, coriander

4. Preheat the griddle or dosa tawa, grease oil & chopped onions spread into the tawa

5. Then pour the laddle full of batter spread like pancake (round) put oil in it. Cook on both the sides

6. Serve with ghee / butter & chutney / pickle
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved

13 comments:

Asha February 11, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Ragi dose, khara chutney! Slurp!!:))

Suganya February 11, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Except for onions, I use the same recipe for ragi dosa. Without urad dal, the dosa becomes cracked and dry. Thanks for your participation, Vanamala.

Pooja V February 11, 2008 at 3:36 PM

i just loved this heathy dosa.

DEEPA February 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM

quite a healthy one lady!!!!

DK February 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I never used methi to this before. Thats a nice idea! why dint i think of it before! :) Good and healthy one

KayKat February 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Hmm ... never tried ragi dosas, I was never a fan of ragi kanji growing up. Maybe I should give this a shot - build my ragi muscles :)

Meera February 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Nice recipe. I make it differently without urad daal - kind of like rawa dosa. with urad dal and methi it will taste even better. I will try soon and will let u know.

Red Chillies February 11, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Mala, I had heard about Raagi with Uraad daal, but I had never tried it. I make the usual Raagi rotti. Hey, do you have to put in the yogurt after the batter is fermented?

easycrafts February 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM

you can even make ragi idli with the same batter..i have the dosa and idli on my blog too, although the dosa is an instant one...This one is surely tempting

Ramya's Mane Adige February 12, 2008 at 2:11 AM

My mom used to make it too!! Thanx for reminding :)

Dhivya February 12, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Great entry mala....mu hubby loves ragi dosa..i've tried several times but it didnt turn up good..ur version looks great...will surely try

Laavanya February 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM

This looks great! My mom made it similarly and served with a spicy chilly chutney. Yum!
Your dumrote halwa looks too good.

Welcome to Malas - Kitchen Foodie Blog

I thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments which motivates me and also helps me improve the contents on my Blog. Your comments also make these posts much more interesting to read. Please do continue to leave your views and if you have any queries regarding my recipes please email me at vanamala.hebbar@gmail.com. I would do my best to reply to them ASAP.

Cheers