(MIRCHI KA SALAN (HYDERABADI STYLE)
- 250 gms. Green peppers
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 3-4 Red dry chillies2 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder1/2 tsp
- Dhania (coriander seed) powder1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. grated dessicated coconut
- 2-3 pinches asafoetida
Roast and grind to a powder
- 1 tbsp. peanuts
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
Grind to a fine paste
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tsp. garlic grated
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Grated½ cup dessicated coconut
- Deseed and remove stalk of capsicum.
- Put plenty of water to boil, adding a little salt.
- Put Capsicum in boiling water, and cook till whitish in colour.
- Drain, chop into large sections or keep whole.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add Capsicum, fry for 1 minutes, remove. Keep aside.
- Add cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add curry leaves to oil, asafoetida, ground paste.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground powder, masala powders, simmer till oil seperates.
- Add salt and tamarind water, and 1 cup water.
- Add Capsicum, boil till gravy is thickened and oil floats on top.
- Serve hot with chapathis, parathas.
Making time:30 minutes