>> February 08, 2007
- Basamati Rice - 2cups
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger - 1/4tsp grated
- Green Chillies - 4
- Mint/pudina - 1/2 bunch
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1/4 bunch
- Garam Masala (Cloves, Cinnamon, Bay leaves, Elaichi)
- Fresh grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Cashews - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Saute the garam masala in ghee for about 3 minutes & let it cool.
- Grind ingredients in a mixer until smooth.
- Cook the rice so that each grain is separate.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee & saute the onion for few minutes.
- Add the masala & the peas to the rice alternatively.
- Garnish with roasted cahews & mint leaves.
Serves : 4-6 persons