Dal Patice (in Tamil is Purppu Onde) (in Kannada Bele Onde)
This is very special own recipe made from my patti (Mom's mom). My mom learnt from her and she used to prepare in the evening times for snacks for me and my sister and my dad. So, now I took recipe from her and made it. At my home, everyone likes because it’s a different type of recipe and also good to taste. Actually I tried putting onions to it. My patti and my mom were not putting onions as they won’t eat. Try and tell me how you like this very special snack. I and my sister like this very much and now my husband likes very much. So I thought of putting this recipe in my blog so that you can also try out.
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2/3
- Onion - 1(finely chopped)
- Dill (Herbs) - 1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Wash dal and soak it for few hours
- Grind dal and coconut, chillies make a thick paste
- Mix dill (herbs) and mix well and place them in to the idli stand before place the mixture grease oil in to the idli stand keep it in the pressure cooker without putting pressure cooker weight
- The same way you can use for onions.